Do you know how to play marbles? I bet your kids will love this forgotten game.
You will need:
chalk or string
marbles (make sure to have at least one "shooter" which is larger than the other marbles)
1. Draw a circle 2-3 feet wide using chalk or a string.
2. Set all marbles except shooters inside the circle.
3. Try to knock the marbles out of the circle using the larger "shooter" marble.
4. Try and hit the marbles inside the ring by kneeling outside the circle and flicking your marble out of your fist with your thumb.
5. If you hit a marble out of the circle, shoot again. If not, it is the next person's turn.
6. Continue play until all of the marble's have been knocked out of the circle.
7. Keep the marbles you knock out, the person with the most at the end is the winner!
You can play for "keepsies", which means you get to keep the marbles you win, but younger children might not enjoy that very much.