For Four-Square you will need:
a nice size patch of concrete
a bouncy ball like a basketball or volleyball
1. Draw a large square about 6-feet wide and divide into four squares. Number the squares in clockwise order 1-4.
2. Each player stands in a square. The player in square 1 is the server. They start out the game by bouncing th ball once in their own square and then toward another person.
3. After that each player must bounce the ball towards another player. The ball must touch in the receiving players square and be returned to another player before it bounces a second time.
4. Continue play until the ball bounces a second time before being returned, or bounces out of bounds. The last person to touch a dead ball is "out". They move down to the number 4 square and everyone fills in behind them, moving up to the next available spot.
5. The point of the game is to make it up to the number 1 spot and stay there as long as possible. You can play as long as you want!
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
This is an easy and oh-so-delicious recipe. It is good for any night of the week but you can use it for a meatless-Monday too!