Friday, March 27, 2015

Plans for Holy Week

There are so many things that I want to do to celebrate Holy Week with the kids. As always, I plan big and then pick and choose what it seems like we can handle each day.

I really liked the ideas for scripture study and a little craft and activity for each day found here.

Of course we'll continue our tradition of Easter in Eggs. You can find instructions for how to put your own together here. I remember this fondly from growing up and my kids look forward to it every year.

Now that we live in California and have many, many palm trees all over, I would like to do a bit more for Palm Sunday. At the very least we will try to put one on our nature table. You can of course make your own palm leaves with green construction paper and scissors.

Earlier this week we made a Resurrection garden. It's beginning to sprout. This Friday we'll put crosses on the hill and cover the opening with a rock. On Easter Sunday we'll roll it back. I really like these directions.

I think we'll incorporate it into homeschool this week too. I'm going to have the kids handsew little bags for their Easter egg hunt. Then of course we'll also dye eggs. And then devil them with my favorite recipe.

Thursday a Jerusalem Dinner. I thought about doing a Passover dinner, but as we'll be covering so much of Hebrew culture and history in grade three, I think I'm going to save that for then. So we're going to do a Jerusalem dinner, which will just be filled with foods that would have been eaten during Jesus' time. We'll eat it on the floor and then discuss Jesus washing his disciples feet and maybe try it ourselves.

What do you like to do?


No comments:

Post a Comment