Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Give Thanks Garland

This Thanksgiving garland was so easy and a fun project to do with the kids. We got to go outside, find pretty treasures, and then review our letters! That's like 4 birds in one!
You could make it say anything you want. And you could do it any time of year, using whatever you find on nature walks or in your backyard.



First, gather up your nature materials. Get lots of different things. We were able to get all of ours from our back yard. You may have to search a little more and go on a walk, or to a park. The picture below is how our table looked when we were finished. Get lots of stuff.



Write your letters on cardstock with permanent marker. Hand your kids some glue, and have them go for it. I only had glue sticks and a hot glue gun. The glue sticks worked great for the leaves. But the berries, and larger leaves and flowers required the hot glue gun.

All the letters looked great. But these were my favorites.









The kids actually did most of it. I did the H, N, and T, since they required the glue gun. I technically did the A, too, but it was Max's design and he brought me all the berries to hot glue.

This craft is basically free and really cute.Because we're in a rental, I didn't want to put holes in my wall, so I had to make do with hanging it from the stair railing. Yarn and clothespins look cute, but I'm sure there are numerous other ways to hang up your letters.

This was fun and the kids loved it. Try it!



1 comment:

  1. This is such a fun nature inspired craft - love it! Thanks for linking up to TGIF!

    I featured this at TGIF this week here - http://www.123homeschool4me.com/2013/11/thanksgiving-crafts-and-tgif-linky.html

    Have a GREAT Thanksgiving!
    Beth =)

    ReplyDelete