Sunday, August 28, 2011

B Is For Bugs and Butterflies

Art: Folded Butterflies
Cut out butterfly shapes. Have kids fingerpaint, fold in half and press to make a butterfly.

Rock Bugs
Have kids paint rocks and attach googly eyes.

Butterfly Collage
Cut out butterfly from contact paper. Have kids help tear construction and then stick on butterfly to make collage.

Songs and Fingerplays:

I'm Bringing Home a Baby Bumblebee
Won't my mommy be so proud of me?
I bringing home a baby bumblebee.
Ouch! It stung me.

Here is the beehive (put hands together)
but where are the bees?
Hidden inside where nobody sees.
Watch and you'll see them come out of the hive.
One, two, three, four, five (lift up fingers)
Buzz! (tickle)

Games
Play the "Cooties" game

Science
Go bug hunting. Find bugs outside and talk about them.

Snacks
Bug cookies - decorate cookies as bugs

Ants on a log - cleryk peanut butter and raisins


No comments:

Post a Comment