Monday, May 16, 2011

Staying Close to Family

My husband and I have never really lived close to family and now we are moving even farther away. I have been trying to think of good ways for the kids to stay close to grandparents and cousins. Of course regular visits are essential, but there are also some fun things that you can do inbetween the visits.

Some of my ideas were to set up Skype Dates with grandparents and/or cousins. Why not start a penpal relationship between cousins. Kids love to get mail and sending letters to cousins will help forge a closeness and common ground for those visits. What about care packages? I haven't decided what exactly I would put in a cousin care package, but this could be fun too.

What are some of your ideas to keep family close despite the miles?

No comments:

Post a Comment