Sunday, April 15, 2012

Going Green: My Limits

I really do enjoy finding ways to "go green".  However, I have my limits.  In honor of Earth Day coming up in a week, I though it would be fun to count down some of the grosser or more ridiculous things that may be eco-friendly, but are totally off-limits!

Limit #1

I am all for cloth.  Cloth diapers, rags instead of paper towels, cloth nursing pads, heck even cloth wipes.

However...this just isn't going to happen.  There are only some things that I am willing to reuse.  Feminine hygiene products are not on that list.

However, I did see an interesting charity where you can buy cloth pads for a girl in Africa.  This enables her to be able to still go to school even when she is menstruating.  Which is a really good idea...but I think I just added disposable pads to my list of reasons I love being a woman in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment