Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Love Notes Chalkboard
Valentine's Day is coming up and you know what that means...Getting mushy!
This easy to make chalkboard is perfect for writing love notes to all the "wild things" in your life.
1. Choose a piece of smooth board and have it cut to your desired size (most of your home improvement stores will do this for you free of charge).
2. Ask the person working in paint to show you where the chalkboard paint is. At Lowe's they will even make it in any color you choose.
3. Tape off the section on the board that you want to be the chalkboard. Decorate the edges however you want. We used paint markers so that the kids could help. You could easily make yours fancier than mine if you did it by yourself...but where is the fun in that?
4. Now remove the tape and place it over your edges.
5. Apply chalkboard paint. Several coats. I put on 2 or 3, and I think it could still use one more. Wait 24 hours after the last coat before writing on the board.
6. Start expressing your love!