Monday, February 27, 2012

Getting Back On the Wagon

Image found at cartoonstock.com

We all have a "good mom" groove.  A schedule and way of doing things that helps us have organized, productive, and special days.  If you don't have one, I suggest you read "Steady Days" by Jamie Martin for ideas.

However, sometimes we fall out of that groove.  It doesn't take much to throw us off.  Sometimes it is illness, an unusually busy week, an out-of-town husband, or an approaching major life-change.  These sorts of things happen, and they push us into survival mode.  Survival mode is never a great place to be, but often we continue to function in that mode long past the time when it is necessary.

Today's Monday.  It's a great day to get back on the wagon.  Whether that wagon is being a good mom, losing weight, limiting TV, or better time management.  Jump back into your groove TODAY!

Maybe you fell off the wagon because there was a flaw in your original gameplan.  If so, revisit your goals today and tweak some things to make it work in your life.

You can get back on track today.  Maybe not with EVERYTHING, but one step in the right direction is better than standing still.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I have been out of my groove for so long this year, I am not even sure yet what it is or should be! One thing I know is we need to get outside more. I get outside way less than I did in VG.

    I miss you and hope you are doing well! Bobi

    ReplyDelete