Thursday, April 14, 2011

Our "To Be" Lists

I was inspired by Lynn G. Robbins General conference address "What Manner of Men and Women Ought Ye to Be?" I especially loved his idea about making "to be" lists. I have decided to start doing Family Home Evening lessons around this idea.


Each month we are focusing on a different thing we want to be. This month it is 'obedient'. We talk about what it means to be obedient and then learn a scripture story about someone who was obedient.


Although I haven't gotten around to it yet, I would like to make some form of a "to be" list to add these traits to each month and hang up in our home.


Every Monday I will post an outline of our lesson. Feel free to use and adapt these ideas to your own family home evenings.


Just as a sidenote, my children are very young. Our FHE's are very short (under 5 minutes) and we like to focus on things several weeks in a row, because repetition is a toddler's cup of tea. If you have older children you might only need to learn about your trait for one week, and you can get into more complicated topics like loyalty, virtue, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment