1. The years really do go faster the longer you're alive.
2. There is no perfect spacing between kids.
3. Life is so much better when you dive in rather than waiting for everything to be just right.
4. It's okay after several years of being happily married to realize you're still just a little bit in love with Gilbert Blythe.
5. Costco stopped making their All-American chocolate cake last week.
6. J.J. Abrams can do no wrong.
7. Big dreams are at once scary and exciting. They can lift you up and crush you all at the same time.
8. Words of Wisdom from my mother eight years ago. So often, it's not marriage that's hard. It's life that's hard. Marriage just means you deal with it together.
9. Poop is just a given.
10. It's easier to get through the scary and hard parts of life when you view it as part of a great story you get to tell later.
11. People really are pretty incredible.
12.West Side Story will always make me cry.
13. Life is beautiful and messy and unfair.
14. Everything in life is made easier by having a support system that can truly say, "We understand."
15. All those hard, messy and unfair things we go through make it possible to one day be that support system for someone else. That person who knows how to listen and understands.
16. Every book you've ever read started out as a first draft. And it sucked.
17. The waiting and dreaming are half the fun of the actual "doing."
18. I will always love Harry Potter.
19. Vulnerability is truly the secret ingredient to living.
20. My relationship to makeup is complex and has more to do with how I feel about myself and how safe I feel with those around me than anything else.
21. Faith is sometimes uncomfortable, especially when you don't have all the answers, and that's okay.
22. Everyone is driven to create. Art, food, music, stories, blankets, babies. And nothing else bears greater witness to me of Divinity.
23. Water is the most amazing molecule in the universe.
24. There are always trade-offs.
25. Everybody has a story.
26. Children are the best thing ever. But you'll never really understand how until you have one.
27. The best days to go to Disneyland are Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
28. Every time I look at the stars I will always secretly wish to be an astronaut.