We don't do the Easter Bunny over here. Or Easter baskets. Very little chocolate. Definitely no fake grass, spring chicks, etc. We do dye Easter eggs (I can't be a total grinch). I love to focus on the REASON for Easter, but I find the bunny silly and creepy (although I love Santa, go figure.) And the rest of it just seems like second Christmas.
However, we've been having a very nice Easter week over here, and you can too! I've gathered my favorite ideas. Some of these we've done, others we plan on doing, either this year or in the future.
So here you go, Ways to Celebrate Easter without the Bunny
1. Easter in Eggs - This set of 12 eggs tells the story of Easter. Its very easy to put together and kids love to do it over and over again.
2. Learn about Passover and make Matzoh bread. My kids enjoyed pretending we were the Israelites as we made the breat and then Moses came to tell us to leave Egypt and we had to run around the backyard, and through the pool. I hope that's not sacreligious, because my kids now know all about Passover and Moses and keep talking about it.
3.Talk about Christ in the Garden and then plant your own garden. You can even make this a faith garden and talk about how we get our faith to grow.
4.Learn about the Last Supper by washing each other's feet at dinner. Then go out and do service for someone.
5. Dye eggs with natural materials. Carrots, beets, spinach, etc.
6. Make this three crosses artwork.
7. Make these palm Sunday crafts and talk about the Triumphal entry.
8. Go on this Good Friday nature walk.
9. Make Resurrection Cookies.
10. Make Resurrection Rolls.
11. Do these Seven Days of Easter Devotionals
12. Watch this video. Or this. Or this. Or this.