Well, I am finally back on the internet...with dial-up! Yuck! It is just a short term measure until we can get something a little more up to date. I can't believe how slow it is. How did we ever work with this? haha You other authors on this blog can feel free to write something anytime too!
So what did I learn from the big move? A LOT!
1. Moving is much easier when the grandparents help! Thank you so much.
2. The last little bit of packing and loading up the truck is a pain in the rear. Find a babysitter for the kids for this part if possible.
3. Paper plates, cups and plastic cutlery. Need I say more?
4. For the car trip, invest in some new toys. The really cheap $5 and under Wal-Mart toys work great, and then throw in one or two larger toys. Let each child play with one at a time and rotate them. The newness of the toys interspersed with a portable DVD player really saved our bacon.
5. Learn as many fun songs as you can. Turn around in your seat and sing them over and over and over and over! haha
That's about it. Moving is hard work! I am trying to adjust to "real life", and it hasn't been easy. There are many days where I feel lonely and isolated. Not having internet didn't help any either.
So here is my question. What do you do to fight the isolation and loneliness that can sometimes happen as a stay-at-home mom?